It's easy to request official documents for your insurance licence from the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA).
The following instructions apply to life and accident & sickness agents, accident & sickness agents and general agents.
How to get a copy of your licence
If your licence is active, you can print a PDF of your licence from Licensing Link at no cost.
Access Licensing Link to get started.
- Need help? Review Instructions for Licensing Link: Insurance.
How to request a letter of history
You may need a letter to confirm your licensing history, when applying for a licence in another province or territory or a different licence type.
Fee to request a letter of history
The fee to request a letter of history is $25.
Ready to request a letter of history?
As the licensed agent, you are responsible for submitting this request. If you are a sponsored agent, your sponsoring insurer may also submit this request on your behalf.
1. Download the Request for Licensee Information from FSRA.
- Right click on the link and choose Save link as to download the PDF to your computer or drive.
2. Fill out the form electronically and submit it through the Online Services Portal.
3. You will also be asked to pay the fee on the Online Services Portal.
- You can use credit card (VISA, Mastercard) or select debit cards (RBC, TD, First Nations Bank of Canada, most credit unions).
- Be sure to complete all of the fields before you submit the application. FSRA will neither process incomplete request forms nor will it provide a refund for incomplete forms.
What happens next:
- This request will take approximately 10 business days to process.
- You will receive the letter of history by email.