Sponsored agents with a current insurance licence in Ontario can transfer their sponsorship to a new insurer.

The following instructions apply to life and accident & sickness agents, accident & sickness agents and general agents.

You will need to contact your current sponsor and your new sponsor to coordinate this change through Licensing Link.

How sponsoring insurers process a transfer

  1. Your new sponsoring insurer will initiate the transfer process in Licensing Link.
  2. Your outgoing sponsoring insurer will receive a request in Licensing Link to terminate sponsorship of your licence.
  3. Once the outgoing sponsor confirms the termination of your licence, this will end your licence connection to that company.

There is no fee to transfer between two sponsoring insurers, as long as your licence is not expired.

My licence is inactive. Can I transfer to a new sponsor?

You can only transfer to a new sponsor if your licence has not expired. If your licence expiry date has passed, you will need to apply to reinstate your licence and move to a new sponsor:

If you held a life and accident & sickness licence

Go to Reinstate my life and accident & sickness insurance licence

If you held an A&S licence

Go to Reinstate my accident & sickness insurance licence

If you held a general licence

Go to Reinstate my general insurance licence