For most people, buying a home or investment property is the largest purchase they will make in their lifetime. By enforcing licensing requirements for mortgage brokerages, brokers, agents and administrators, FSRA ensures that when you take out a mortgage for that purchase, your investment and family are protected.
A trusted resource for Ontario homeowners
Whether you’re buying your first home or stepping up to a larger property, FSRA offers all the resources you need to make informed decisions about your mortgage. Learn about changes to mortgage regulations, how to protect yourself from mortgage fraud, when and how to file a complaint, and much more.
I want to
Learn how to resolve a mortgage complaint:
- Mortgage fraud: understand how to recognize and report it
- What should I do if I was pressured into an inappropriate mortgage?
- What can I do if a Mortgage Brokerage did not provide me a "cooling off period" before I signed my mortgage agreement?
- Can the Mortgage Brokerage make me pay a fee in advance?
- Before investing in a syndicated mortgage
Note: we are currently transferring content from the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) website to this website. If you are unable to find what you are looking for please visit the FSCO website.