Insurance adjusters with an active licence in Ontario can transfer their sponsorship to a new adjusting firm.

You will need to contact your current sponsor and your new sponsor to coordinate the transfer.

How the adjusting firms process a transfer

1. Your current sponsor will initiate the process by terminating your licence.

  • Ask your current sponsor to email a termination letter to [email protected].
  • This will end your connection to the old adjusting firm.

2. Your new sponsor will need to submit a new application.

  • Download the Insurance Adjuster Application.
    • Right click on the link and choose Save link as to download the PDF to your computer or drive.
  • Fill out the application electronically.
    • You will need to re-verify your suitability to have a licence and confirm you meet all the requirements.
  • Ask your adjusting firm to fill out Part D (Notice of Appointment).
  • Your adjusting firm can submit the completed form to [email protected].

If you are transferring a principal adjuster licence, see applying for a new adjusting firm licence for details. 

There is no fee to transfer between two sponsoring adjusting firms.

New Criminal Record check process 

FSRA is changing its licensing processes for background criminal checks to ensure the processes remain up to date. Criminal record checks are part of FSRA’s rigorous licence qualification process to protect consumers by ensuring only suitable individuals sell or offer financial products and services in Ontario.

FSRA now requires licence applicants to complete their criminal record checks through our approved vendor, Triton Canada (Triton). If you have disclosed information about a criminal matter, or FSRA has received information that you may be involved in a criminal matter, you may be required to complete a background check after you have submitted your application. 

If required, FSRA will notify you, and will send a link to Triton’s website to complete the background check. Once completed, you will need to provide the 8-digit confirmation number found in your Triton invoice to FSRA. A fee of $19.15 applies for Triton’s service, and the background check is valid for 90 days.

Please monitor your email frequently for any information requests from FSRA. If you have any further questions about the new background check process, please contact us.

Frequently asked questions – Background check process

My licence is inactive. Can I transfer to a new sponsor?

You can only transfer to a new sponsor if your licence has not expired. If you want to reinstate your licence, go to Reinstate my insurance adjuster licence.