A Principal Representative can make amendments to a service provider licence. Simply log into your FSRA account and submit an update to your application. We may contact you for clarification or additional documentation.

Permitted amendments include:

  • Changing the legal or operating name of your business
  • Changing your Principal Representative
  • Changing your business ownership type from sole proprietor to corporation
  • Adding or removing a director, officer or partner
  • Adding or removing a facility, branch office or location
  • Changing the address of a principal place of business, or any facility, branch office or location on the licence
  • Cancelling/surrendering your licence

Please note that verification of a director, officer, or partner may require a criminal record and judicial matters check (CRJMC) through FSRA’s approved vendor, Triton Canada (Triton).

New Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check process

FSRA is changing its licensing processes for criminal record and judicial matters checks (CRJMCs) to ensure the processes remain up to date. CRJMCs are part of FSRA’s rigorous licence qualification process to protect consumers by ensuring only suitable individuals sell or offer financial products, goods and services in Ontario.

FSRA now requires licence applicants to complete their CRJMCs through our approved vendor Triton. You must use FSRA’s link directing you to Triton’s website. After completing the CRJMC, you will then return to your service provider  application portal and complete your licensing application or DOP declaration on FSRA’s website. Please note that a fee of $19.15 applies for Triton’s service, and the CRJMC is valid for 90 days. 

Please monitor your email frequently for any information requests from FSRA. If you have any further questions about the new criminal record and judicial matters check process, please contact us.

Frequently asked questions - Criminal record and judicial matters check (CRJMC) process

Exemption for non-regulated service providers

If you have added or removed a non-regulated service provider from your business, you do not need to submit an amendment request. However, you must disclose the number of regulated and non-regulated health professionals when you file your Annual Information Return (AIR).

Changing your business ownership type

Changing your business ownership type from a sole proprietor to a corporation can only be done online by your Principal Representative. To file a change, log in to your FSRA account and complete a “Change Business Ownership Type” application. You will need to upload a scanned copy of your Articles of Incorporation/Articles of Amendment or Articles of Amalgamation.

Need more help?

For questions about updating your service provider licence information with FSRA, please email us at [email protected].