In addition to the standard policy coverages, you may also buy optional coverage for loss or damage to your vehicle, including:

Specified perils coverage:

This coverage pays for losses caused by one of the following perils:

  • Fire
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Lightning
  • Windstorm
  • Hail or rising water
  • Earthquake
  • Explosion
  • Riot or civil disturbance
  • Falling or forced landing of an aircraft or parts of an aircraft
  • The stranding, sinking, burning, derailment or collision of any kind of transport in, or upon which, an insured vehicle is being carried on land or water

Comprehensive coverage:

This coverage pays for losses, other than those covered by collision or upset coverage, including perils listed under specified perils coverage, including falling or flying objects, missiles and vandalism.

Collision or upset coverage:

This coverage pays for losses caused when an insured vehicle is involved in a collision with another object, including another vehicle, or rolls over. “Object” includes:

  • Another vehicle or a trailer that is attached to the vehicle and covered by your insurance policy
  • The surface of the ground
  • Any object in or on the ground

All perils coverage:

This combines collision or upset and comprehensive coverages. In addition, it covers loss or damage caused if a person who lives in your home steals the vehicle your insurance policy covers. All perils also cover you if an employee who drives or uses, services or repairs that vehicle steals it.

Note: A deductible may apply to all the above coverages.