You will find instructions on how to request official documents for your corporation or partnership from the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA).
The following instructions apply to corporations or partnerships that sell life and accident & sickness insurance, accident and sickness only insurance and general insurance.
How to get a copy of your licence
You can print a PDF of your corporate agency or partnership licence from the Licensing Portal for Insurance Agencies at no cost.
Access the Licensing Portal for Insurance Agencies to get started.
- Review instructions for details.
How to request a Certificate of Authority
You may need a letter to confirm the licensing status for your corporate agency or partnership. This letter is often used when applying for a licence in another province or for a different licence type.
Fee to request a Certificate of Authority
The fee to request a letter of history is $25.
Ready to request the Certificate of Authority?
The designated agent is responsible for submitting this request.
1. Download the Request for Licensee Information from FSRA.
- Right click on the link and choose Save link as to download the PDF to your computer or drive.
2. Fill out the form electronically and submit it through the Online Services Portal.
3. You will also be asked to pay the fee on the Online Services Portal.
- You can use credit card (VISA, Mastercard) or select debit cards (RBC, TD, First Nations Bank of Canada, most credit unions).
- Be sure to complete all of the fields before you submit the application. FSRA will neither process incomplete request forms nor will it provide a refund for incomplete forms.
What happens next:
- This request will take 10 business days to process.
- You will receive the certificate of authority by email.