Multi-employer pension plans (MEPPs) are pension plans in which two or more unrelated employers participate and contribute to the same pension plan. Often, MEPPs are sponsored by the union that represents the employees of unrelated employers in a specific industry. It can be a defined benefit plan or defined contribution plan — or a combination of both types of plans.
Information concerning MEPPs can be accessed from this page.
- Defined Benefit Multi-Employer Pension Plans – Leading Practices (PE0224INF)
- Missing Members – Principles and Practices (PE0203INF)
- Benefit Accrual – Application to MEPPs (PE0141ORG)
- Funding rules for Specified Ontario Multi-Employer Pension Plans extended
- Standing Technical Advisory Committee for multi-employer defined benefit pension plans
- Implementing a Target Benefit Pension Plan Framework (2022 Ontario Budget)
- Opting out of the new grow-in provisions by JSPPs and MEPPs (PE0084ORG)
- FAQs – Multi-Employer Pension Plans (PE0290ORG)
- Meeting summary June 16: Standing Technical Advisory Committee for Multi-Employer Pension Plan meeting (June 2022)
- Meeting summary February 23: Standing Technical Advisory Committee for Multi-Employer Pension Plans meeting (February 2022)
- Defined Benefit Multi-Employer Pension Plans - Leading Practices (March 2021)