The request for submissions is now closed. Subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates on FSRA news.
FSRA is consulting on proposed Resolution Planning Guidance. The Guidance applies to large credit unions with assets greater than $1 billion.
The proposed Guidance sets out the principles of effective resolution planning
It also describes how FSRA will assess whether credit union resolution strategies and plans meet the goals of:
- removing material barriers to effective resolution
- contributing to public confidence in and the stability of the sector
- providing members and consumers with insurance against the loss of deposits
- ensuring the continuity of critical functions
- minimizing exposure to the Deposit Insurance Reserve Fund (DIRF) to loss
- Proposed Resolution Planning Guidance
- Summary of Stakeholder Comments - Resolution Guidance for Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires
- Resolution Planning Guidance
Before we begin, please make sure you do not include any personal or private financial information. If your inquiry does require this information be shared with us, please call us at 1-800-668-0128 or email us at [email protected] for instructions.
By submitting your content, you agree to have your materials posted on our engagement portal, used in reports and other materials prepared by Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) that may be shared with the public. Content is moderated so that all posts are respectful and professional. The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.F.31, applies to all online content.