Thank you for your feedback. This consultation is now closed. The consultation feedback received will help to inform our final approach. Subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates on FSRA news.
The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) is making the supervision of Ontario’s credit unions more transparent and effective.
FSRA is holding a 90-day consultation on its Proposed Liquidity Adequacy Requirements for Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires Rule
The Proposed Rule promotes a stronger credit union sector through the assessment and maintenance of adequate and appropriate forms of liquidity, and better alignment with international standards.
It sets new requirements for:
- Diversification of Funding
- Calculation and Reporting of Liquidity Ratios: Liquidity Coverage Ratio, Net Stable Funding Ratio, and Net Cumulative Cash Flow
- Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process
The Proposed Rule will be made under the new Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires Act, 2020, once proclaimed into force. It replaces elements of FSRA guidance which interpret liquidity requirements under the existing Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires Act, 1994.
FSRA invites comments on the Proposed Rule from June 14, 2021 to September 14, 2021. FSRA is hosting a technical briefing on June 24, 2021 for interested parties. Please register at FSRA's Live Webinar on Ontario's Proposed New Credit Union Rules
Review the proposed rule and provide your comments by selecting “Submit a comment or ask a question.”
- Webinar on Ontario’s Proposed New Credit Union Rules
- Summary of stakeholder comments Proposed - Liquidity Adequacy Requirements Rule (Pre-FSRA board approved version)
- Summary of stakeholder comments Proposed - Liquidity Adequacy Requirements Rule (Post-FSRA board approved version)
- Liquidity Adequacy Requirements for Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires - Proposed Rule 2021 - 003
- Liquidity Reporting Requirements – Unconsolidated and Consolidated Reporting Templates – Issued April 8, 2022
Before we begin, please make sure you do not include any personal or private financial information. If your inquiry does require this information be shared with us, please call us at 1-800-668-0128 or email us at [email protected] for instructions.
By submitting your content, you agree to have your materials posted on our engagement portal, used in reports and other materials prepared by Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) that may be shared with the public. Content is moderated so that all posts are respectful and professional. The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.F.31, applies to all online content.