Mortgage brokers and agents: renew your licence today
To help ensure consumers are getting sound advice about mortgages, mortgage agents and brokers must be properly trained and licensed. FSRA requires these licenses to be renewed every year.
Principal brokers (PBs), brokers and agents may renew their licenses beginning today, February 1st.
Given new licensing classes and requirements this year, FSRA encourages everyone to renew early to avoid delays.
Please note that Continuing Education is not required for the 2023 renewal. It will be required for 2024.
For Principal Brokers:
- submit your renewal application before submitting for your agents and brokers
- start your agents’ and brokers’ licence renewal applications in Licensing Link
- submit your agents’ or brokers’ application forms and pay the fee on their behalf in Licensing Link
- submit applications before March 31, 2023
Mortgage brokers and agents may continue to conduct business if they submit their application by the deadline and until FSRA makes a decision about the renewal.
FSRA will not accept applications for new mortgage agent or broker licences and change of agent to broker licence between March 15-31, 2023. Applications will re-open on April 1, 2023.
- Information on renewing your licence for: agents, brokers, principal brokers
- FAQs on renewing your licence
- Materials from the new licensing classes webinars are now posted. View the November 9 or November 15 webinar to access the full recording, transcript, presentation materials and Q&As
- New Licensing Requirements Transition – Information and Resources
FSRA continues to work on behalf of all stakeholders, including consumers, to ensure financial safety, fairness, and choice for everyone.
Learn more at www.fsrao.ca.