FSRA releases 2022-2023 Annual Report
The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) continues to protect Ontario consumers and pension plan members. FSRA uses a principles-based and outcomes-focused approach to regulate financial services and pensions in Ontario.
Today, FSRA released its 2022-2023 Annual Report. The report provides an overview of its accomplishments and activities in its third year of operations. In this year, FSRA successfully delivered on its 16 priorities set out in its 2022-2025 Annual Business Plan.
Key wins in 2022-2023:
- Met all targets in responding to public inquiries and complaints
- Developed and launched a new Whistle-blower Program to ensure consumer protection and effective supervision
- The second annual FSRA Exchange event was successful, with panels on consumer protection and principles-based regulation
- Launched the inaugural Pension Awareness Day to educate Ontarians on the importance of retirement planning
- Engaged with the Consumer Advisory Panel (CAP), made up of members of the public, to prioritize the voice of the consumer
- Conducted its first consumer research study
FSRA continues to work on behalf of all stakeholders, including consumers, to ensure financial safety, fairness, and choice for everyone.
Learn more at www.fsrao.ca.