The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) is forming four new Pensions Standing Technical Advisory Committees, as part of the regulator’s commitment to on-going dialogue and consultation within the pension industry.
In response to industry feedback, the committees will address challenges specific to the following plan types: defined benefit single-employer plans, defined contribution plans, multi-employer plans and public sector plans.
The committees will also advise FSRA on proposed pension regulatory guidance and identify issues arising out of existing pension legislation. This work will help FSRA advance its goal of improving regulatory effectiveness and lessening regulatory burden for the pension sector.
Terms of references for pensions standing technical advisory committees
- Defined Benefit Single Employer Plans Advisory Committee
- Defined Contribution Plans Advisory Committee
- Multi-Employer Pension Plans Advisory Committee
- Public Sector Pension Plans Advisory Committee
To express your interest to join a committee
If you would like to participate on one of the Advisory Committees, please make a submission on or before Friday, November 1, 2019.
As part of your submission please indicate:
- Your Advisory Committee of interest
- Your experience as it relates to the committee’s mandate
- The pension industry group or category your represent. as listed in the Committee’s Terms of Reference
For more information contact