Mortgage brokerages and administrators engaging in non-qualified syndicated mortgage investment (NQSMI) transactions can use this page to find helpful information and resources.
SMI regulatory oversight transfer
The transfer of regulatory oversight of certain SMIs from FSRA to the Ontario Securities Commission took effect on July 1, 2021.
What's on this page:
- MB0043INT: Mortgage Brokerage Disclosure and Suitability Assessments for Non-Qualified Syndicated Mortgage Investments (SMIs) - Responses to Market Disruptions (for Transactions on or after July 1, 2021) (March 10, 2021)
- MB0041APP: Supervision Approach for Non-Qualified Syndicated Mortgage Investments with Permitted Clients and Legacy Non-Qualified Syndicated Mortgage Investments (March 10, 2021)
- MB0017ORG: MFDA and FSCO issue joint communication concerning the selling of syndicated mortgage investments (January 21, 2015)
- MB0006ORG: Requirements for Promoting Syndicated Mortgage Investments (June 30, 2015)
- Better consumer protection needed in administration of non-qualified syndicated mortgage investments (NQSMIs)
- Mortgage brokerages no longer need to file NQSMI quarterly data report
- Evolution of NQSMI supervision
- Real-time supervision of NQSMI
- Legacy NQSMI review
- Further compliance needed for many brokerages placing clients in non-qualified syndicated mortgages