Questions you may want to ask a loan and trust company:
- What loan and trust services do you offer?
- How are your services different from a bank, insurance company or another loan and trust corporation?
- Are there fees associated with the service I want you to provide? If so, how much are they and how are they paid?
- Do you accept third party fees, benefits, or commission for placing my business or dealing on my behalf? If so, what does that fee structure look like?
- What security measures are in place to protect my privacy?
- Am I able to move my deposit to another loan and trust corporation? Is there a fee for this?
Enforcement and monitoring
We take our responsibilities to protect you from misconduct or non-compliance very seriously. View our most recent enforcement and monitoring information for this sector.
Engagement and consultation
We work with a Consumer Advisory Panel that provides a consumer perspective on proposed FSRA policy changes. View our engagement and consultation information.
Federal Regulator of Loan and Trust Corporations: Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
Trust and Loan Companies Act (S.C. 1991, c. 45): Trust and Loan Companies Act
Legal Advice: Law Society of Ontario