If you have a complaint about a pension plan in Ontario, follow the steps below to ensure as prompt a resolution as possible.

1. File a complaint with the pension plan administrator

If possible, attempt to first resolve the issue directly with the pension plan administrator. In most situations, it is best to contact the administrator in writing and ask for a written response. Find the administrator’s contact information on FSRA Pension Plan Information Access page.

2. File a complaint with FSRA

If you are unable to resolve the issue directly with the pension plan administrator, write to us for assistance.

Email: [email protected]
Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA)
Pension Division
25 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 100
Toronto, ON 
M2N 6S6

What to include:

Please include a description of the problem, including any correspondence or  documentation that you’ve received from the pension plan administrator. Also include the name and registration number of the pension plan.

In addition, privacy legislation requires FSRA to have your consent before sharing any information with the administrator. Please provide FSRA with a written consent (by letter or email) to:

  • contact the administrator on your behalf regarding your case; and
  • forward to the administrator, copies of any information that you have provided to FSRA.

If you require additional assistance, please contact us during regular business hours (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)

Tel: 416-250-7250
Toll free: 1-800-668-0128

Email: [email protected]

Federally regulated pensions

FSRA does not deal with issues related to pension plans in federally regulated industries, such as banks, airlines, railways, etc. If your pension plan is federally regulated, contact the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions.