If you are receiving care as part of an auto insurance claim under the Statutory Accident Benefits (SABS), the service providers treating you are not required to be licensed by FSRA. A FSRA licence allows a service provider to receive direct payments from insurers for benefits claimed under SABS.

Is your service provider licensed by FSRA?

Licensed service providers must to comply with requirements set out in Ontario Regulation 90/14 (Service Providers – Standards for Business Systems and Practices and other Prescribed Conditions), which provides standards relating to its business systems, practices, and operations. FSRA’s role as a regulator is to review billing complaints to reduce fraud so that auto insurance rates don’t increase unnecessarily.

can do

How FSRA can help

If you have a complaint about the billing practices of a health service provider, you should first speak with the insurance company that pays the invoices submitted by the service provider for your approved treatment. If your complaint is not resolved then file a complaint with FSRA.

To file a complaint with FSRA, please complete the below Complaint Form:

Complaint Form

cannot do

What FSRA doesn’t do

FSRA does not have legal ability to help with the type or amount of accident benefits/treatment you receive under SABS. If you have this type of complaint contact the Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT) to resolve your complaint with your insurance company.

FSRA does not have the legal ability to handle complaints if your health service provider is unprofessional or has breached their regulatory’s Code of Ethics. If you are unable to resolve misconduct complaints directly with them, you must reach your practitioner’s regulatory college, who oversee such complaints. Contact the Health Professions Regulatory Advisory Council (HPRAC) to find your health service provider’s regulatory college or association, to inquire how to proceed.