Notice - Filing of 2019 Annual Return for Ontario
It is time to file your annual returns.
Pursuant to Section 102 of the Insurance Act (Ontario), all Ontario insurers are required to file annual returns for the year ended on October 31, 2019 or December 31, 2019, with the Superintendent of Financial Services, or his or her designate. Section 447 of the Insurance Act provides penalties for those insurers who do not comply with the filing requirements.
If you do not file, your company is not compliant.
Updates required for 2019 include:
- Notice Letter for Extra Provincial Insurance Companies 2019
- Notice Letter Non-Ontario Incorporated PC 2019
- Notice Letter Ontario Incorporated Insurers and Reinsurers, Fraternal Societies, and Reciprocal 2019
- Filing Information for Insurers 2019
- Memo 2019 Instructions-Life Memorandum to Appointed Actuary
- Memo 2019 Instructions-PC and FSRA AA PC Memo 2019
- Letter for Ontario Incorporated Farm Mutuals 2019
- Letter - Instructions Letter 2019
Required forms are also available for download:
- Premium Information used for Cost Assessment in Ontario
- Consent and Notification pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (PDF)
The Filing Information for Insurers Licensed in Ontario details the forms and reports required by Ontario. We request that the 2019 annual returns be delivered in an electronic copy format (pdf, excel, ASCII file) as applicable versus a paper format as part of our process improvement measures. Please note the insurer number on each document filed. Where Auditors’ Reports are referenced, we require both the Auditors’ Report addressed to the primary regulator and the Auditors’ Report to the shareholders/policyholders together with the audited financial statements.
If the company intends to change its licence status (i.e. discontinuing, withdrawing or merging) the Licensing Approvals Unit should be contacted at [email protected] If appropriate, adjustments will be made to the 2019 Preliminary Assessment.
All Section 102 filings should be filed with FSRA by February 28, 2020. Please forward your electronic documents to [email protected].
For More Information
Helpful resources on updated forms and instructions are also available on The Office of Superintendent of Financial Institution’s website.
If you have any issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected].