Asset transfers are important to employers that sponsor pension plans. They allow employers to combine plans for greater efficiencies, carry out any corporate restructurings or reorganizations and address purchase and sale transactions. Accordingly, there are different types of asset transfers applications, which have different legislative requirements and processes. Plan administrators, sponsors and their advisors should be aware of the regulatory requirements that apply to their specific asset transfer application.
- Supervisory Approach to Defined Benefit Asset Transfers under the PBA (PE0205APP)
- FSRA’s Consent to SEPP-to-JSPP Asset Transfer Transactions under sections 80.4 and 81.0.1 of the Pension Benefits Act (PE0223INT)
- Asset transfer webinar (Feb. 17, 2021)
- Success story: Asset Transfer and Wind Up applications – how is FSRA doing?
- Technical Advisory Committee for Asset Transfers
- Asset Transfer and Wind Up Applications – How is FSRA Doing? (August 2022)
- Filing requirements for full asset transfers and concurrent asset transfer/wind-ups (July 2021)
Regulations – Asset Transfers
- O. Reg. 310/13: Asset transfers under sections 80 and 81 of the Act
- O. Reg. 311/15: Conversions and transfers of assets under section 80.4 of the Act and conversions under section 81.0.1 of the Act