Due to the sensitive nature of the information available on the PSP, you must not share your PSP account details with other individuals within your own organization, or with third party service providers.
Consistent with the PSP Access Agreement:
- Only Pension Plan Administrators (within the meaning of section 8 of the Pension Benefits Act (PBA), may log into the PSP using the Primary Administrator account.
- While the Pension Plan Administrator may delegate some or all of the responsibilities for administering the pension plan, and administering and investing the pension fund to various third party providers, the third party provider is not the Pension Plan Administrator.
- The PSP may only be accessed by individuals with valid PSP accounts.
Before you get started
Before you can log into the PSP, you must activate your PSP account and complete the initial log-in process. If you still need to complete these steps, please refer to the Instructions for Activating Your PSP Account.
How to log into the PSP
To log into the PSP, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario’s home page at www.fsrao.ca. From the main menu, point to “For Industry” and click on “Pension Sector”. Scroll down and click on the “Pension Services Portal” link. Alternatively, click here to go to the PSP.
- You will be taken to the PSP home page. Click on the link “Go to the PSP”.
- You will now see the PSP log-in page. Please enter your e-mail address or user name, and the customized password that you created during the activation process. Then click the “Enter" button.
If you cannot remember your password, click on the “I forgot my password” link and enter the requested information. You will receive an email with a temporary password.
- From the “Home” page, you can start using the PSP for various tasks, such as delegating PSP access to other individuals, electronic filings, application submissions, re-filing requests and filing extension requests.