Thank you for providing your feedback on FSRA’s Draft Ontario Private Passenger Vehicles Annual Review.
The request for submissions is now closed.
We appreciate the comments and questions received to date. Your feedback will help to inform our final guidance; stay up to date on our newsroom. Follow us on LinkedIn and subscribe to our mailing list for quick updates.
The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) is committed to ensuring consumers receive auto insurance rates that are fair and reasonable. To help achieve that, FSRA updates the benchmarks every year to guide the rate approval decision process. As part of this annual process FSRA is now consulting on the Draft Ontario Private Passenger Vehicles Annual Review.
The scope of the Annual Review is based on Ontario private passenger vehicle industry data and includes, but is not limited to:
- A summary of changes in the number of vehicles that were insured, average premiums, and average loss costs per vehicle over the last 10 years as of December 31, 2022.
- A summary of historical expense costs, return on investment income rates, and profit levels as reported by insurers in Ontario.
- An assessment of the General Insurance Statistical Agency’s (GISA) estimated ultimate loss amounts and claim counts for private passenger vehicles.
- An analysis of private passenger vehicle losses and loss adjustment expenses to determine past and future loss trend rates.
FSRA continues to evaluate and enhance its processes to achieve regulatory efficiency and effectiveness. FSRA will continue to consult annually and update benchmarks twice a year.
The consultation on the Annual Review is now open and will close on August 25, 2023. Consultation input and submissions are made public as part of our commitment to transparency.
- The Draft Ontario Private Passenger Vehicles Annual Review based on Industry data through December 31, 2022
FSRA continues to work on behalf of all stakeholders, including consumers, to ensure financial safety, fairness, and choice for everyone.
Learn more at www.fsrao.ca.
Before we begin, please make sure you do not include any personal or private financial information. If your inquiry does require this information be shared with us, please call us at 1-800-668-0128 or email us at [email protected] for instructions.
By submitting your content, you agree to have your materials posted on our engagement portal, used in reports and other materials prepared by Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) that may be shared with the public. Content is moderated so that all posts are respectful and professional. The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.F.31, applies to all online content.