Your Future self will thank you.
What is a pension?
A pension pays you an income when you retire.
Does your job have a pension plan?
A workplace pension plan is a great saving tool. If you sign up, you may contribute a portion of your pay to the plan and your employer may also contribute. When you retire you will continue to receive a regular income and your future self will thank you.
Be sure to ask your employer if they offer a pension plan or other retirement savings options. Starting to save early is the best way to help you reach your financial goals and a brighter future.
Questions to ask your employer:
- Do you offer a pension or other retirement benefits plan?
- What type of pension plan? Defined Benefit or Defined Contribution?
- How are contributions made and when?
- What is the maximum I can contribute?
- As an employer, do you match my contributions?
- Who do I contact for information about my pension?
- How do I calculate what I will receive when I retire?