The 2019 HSP Annual Information Return (AIR) is now open
The 2019 Annual Information Return (AIR) is now open! The AIR is an annual questionnaire designed to collect specific information from service providers licensed by FSRA. It must be filed electronically, and may only be completed by the Principal Representative. You have until March 31, 2020 to complete your 2019 AIR online and submit your regulatory fee.
FSRA has reduced the time it takes for you to complete the AIR. As part of our burden reduction efforts, we have eliminated 30% of the questions compared to past AIRs, making it easier and saving you time!
To avoid a financial penalty, all licensed service providers are required to submit their AIR and regulatory fee by March 31, 2020. This includes those who did not conduct any business in 2019 but still held a service provider licence at December 31, 2019.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure your information is up-to-date in FSRA Account
- Note: All account updates must be completed in advance of completing your 2019 AIR. You will not be permitted to proceed with the AIR until all updates are submitted and accepted by the FSRA Account system.
- Review the step-by-step instructions
- Note: FSRA recommends using Internet Explorer 11/Chrome/Edge to complete the AIR
- Print and review a sample copy of the 2019 AIR (Hyperlink to sample copy of the AIR).
- AIR and Annual Regulatory Fee FAQ
- Submit your AIR in FSRA Account and pay your annual regulatory fee by March 31, 2020
- Note: If your regulatory fee is $5,000 or more, you must pay by certified cheque mailed by March 15, 2020.
- All cheques and money orders are to be made payable to “Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario”, or “FSRA”.
For More Information
Learn more at: Filing an Annual Information Return (AIR).
If you have any questions or need more information, contact us at [email protected].
Effective June 8, 2019, FSRA assumed regulatory duties of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and the Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario. Learn more about FSRA and its approach to achieving safety, fairness and choice in non-securities financial services at www.fsrao.ca.