2019 FSCO and DICO Stakeholder Survey
Engaging with industry partners, consumers (including pension plan beneficiaries and credit union members), and other stakeholders is an important part of our regulatory process. Prior to the launch of FSRA in June 2019, FSCO and DICO conducted an online stakeholder survey to gather insights and recommendations on how to improve.
The objective of the survey was to determine the performance and engagement levels with FSCO and DICO, measure stakeholder satisfaction, and investigate barriers to engagement. There were almost 2,700 responses to the survey.
Key insights on where FSCO is doing well:
- Satisfaction with the information we send (87% favourable)
- Timeliness of getting a license (86% favourable)
- Being transparent (76% favourable)
Key insights on where FSCO could focus its efforts:
- Effectiveness of our working groups (56% favourable)
- Ability to access FSCO forms (57% favourable)
Key insights on where DICO is doing well:
- Satisfaction attending DICO-sponsored functions, symposiums or forums (66% favourable)
- Satisfaction with routine licensing applications (60% favourable)
Key insights on where DICO could focus its efforts:
- Satisfaction with the information we send (57% favourable)
- Satisfaction with supervisory examination of regulatory investigations (55% favourable)
FSCO and DICO reviewed all survey results and developed action plans to address outstanding issues. They expressed their appreciation to everyone who took part in our survey.
FSRA continues to work on behalf of all stakeholders, including consumers, to ensure financial safety, fairness, and choice for everyone.
Learn more at www.fsrao.ca.