If you want to change the designated agent for your corporation or partnership, you will need to notify the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA).

Follow these instructions if your corporation or partnership sells life and accident & sickness insurance, accident & sickness insurance or general insurance.

About the designated agent

Every corporation or partnership needs to have one person to act as their designated agent. This person would be authorized to conduct your official business, and act as the main point of contact for all agents working on behalf of your business.

  • The designated agent must hold the same type of Ontario licence as your business. For example, if your corporation holds a life and accident & sickness insurance licence, the designated agent must already hold life and accident & sickness agent licence.
  • For corporations, the designated agent does not have to be an officer, director or shareholder.

Ready to change the designated agent?

Your Principal Representative will need to send an email to [email protected] and provide the following:

  • Your corporation or partnership licence number
  • Name of the new designated agent
  • Their agent licence number
  • Their email address