Due to the sensitive nature of the information available on the PSP, you must not share your PSP account details with other individuals within your own organization, or with third party service providers.
Consistent with the PSP Access Agreement:
Only Pension Plan Administrators (within the meaning of section 8 of the Pension Benefits Act (PBA), may log into the PSP using the Primary Administrator account.
- While the Pension Plan Administrator may delegate some or all of the responsibilities for administering the pension plan, and administering and investing the pension fund to various third party providers, the third party provider is not the Pension Plan Administrator.
- The PSP may only be accessed by individuals with valid PSP accounts.
Before you get started
In order to access the PSP, a user account must be created for you. User accounts are created in two ways:
- For Primary Administrators: After processing your Form 1 submission or Contact Change Request, FSRA staff will create your PSP account. An activation email will be sent to you that will require you to compete steps to finalize the activation process. Once completed you will have access to the PSP and your pension plan.
- For non-Primary Administrators: Ask the Primary Administrator or Delegated Administrator to create a PSP account for you. Upon your PSP account activation, you will be delegated to their pension plan.
For steps on how to create a new PSP user account please click here.
How to activate your PSP account
- After receiving your activation email from the PSP, click on the “click this account activation link”.
- You will be taken to the PSP, where you will be required to answer two challenge questions. If you are unsure of the challenge question answers, please contact the Plan Administrator/Delegated administrator that has requested the PSP user account for you.
- After entering the correct information to the challenge questions, you will see the “Change Password” page where you can set your password. Once you have entered your new password click on the “Submit” button. After this point, your password has been set.
- You will now see the “PSP Access Agreement” page on your screen. Please read this agreement carefully, as it sets out the conditions for using the PSP.
- If you accept and agree to these terms and conditions, click on “I accept the terms and conditions” on the bottom left-hand side of the screen. Keep in mind that if you do not accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to access the PSP and you will not be able to make any submissions for your pension plan.
- Once you have accepted the PSP Access Agreement, you will be taken to your “Home” page on the PSP indicating that you have successfully activated your account.
- From the “Home page”, you can start using the PSP for various tasks, such as delegating PSP access to other individuals, electronic filing, application submissions, re-filing requests and filing extension requests.