Due to the sensitive nature of the information available on the PSP, you must not share your PSP account details with other individuals within your own organization, or with third party service providers.
Consistent with the PSP Access Agreement:
- Only Pension Plan Administrators (within the meaning of section 8 of the Pension Benefits Act (PBA), may log into the PSP using the Primary Administrator account.
- While the Pension Plan Administrator may delegate some or all of the responsibilities for administering the pension plan, and administering and investing the pension fund to various third party providers, the third party provider is not the Pension Plan Administrator.
- The PSP may only be accessed by individuals with valid PSP accounts.
If FSRA believes your PSP account has been incorrectly activated or shared, or used to gain unauthorized access to the PSP, you will be notified that your account has been suspended. For security purposes, any improper delegations or other account activity that occurred while the account was compromised may be cancelled by FSRA. Keep in mind that account suspensions and cancelled delegations are not considered acceptable reasons for granting an extension of a filing deadline. As a result, late fees or other penalties may be incurred.
How to accept/reject a plan delegation
Once you have activated your account, you can accept or reject a plan delegation by following the steps below:
- Log into the PSP. (If you need assistance with this process, refer to the Instructions for Logging into the PSP.)
- You will be taken to the ‘Home” page. Under the “Delegations” section, you will see all the plans and roles that you have been delegated to. Under the “Actions” column for the appropriate plan and role, click on “Accept or Reject”.
- You will now see the “Delegation” page. Click either the “Accept” or the “Reject” button. After you will be returned to the “Home” page. Both you and the Pension Plan Administrator will receive emails that confirm the delegation either has been accepted or rejected.