The AIR is an annual questionnaire designed to collect specific information from service providers licensed by FSRA. It must be filed electronically, and may only be completed by the Principal Representative.
To avoid a financial penalty, all licensed service providers are required to submit their AIR and regulatory fee by June 30, 2021. This includes those who did not conduct any business in 2020 but still held a service provider license at December 31, 2020.
Service providers in Ontario are required by law to submit an Annual Information Return. The process is as follows:
Step 1: Update your contact information
Send your current phone number, along with all information below to: [email protected]. (Must be submitted by the Principal Representative.) Please include:
- A short description of your request
- Business name
- Licence number
- Log in to your FSRA Account
- From the left side dashboard menu, select “Change Email Address”
- Follow prompts
Your email will be updated immediately and confirmation sent to your new email address.
Ontario mailing address
- Log in to your FSRA Account
- From the left side dashboard menu, select “I want to… Request a Change”
- From the drop-down application menu, select “Change Business Address”
- Follow prompts. Note: If you are only changing the mailing address, select “No” when asked if this is a change to the business address
When complete, you will receive an email confirming your change. This notification will be also available in the Message Centre of your FSRA account.
Step 2: File the AIR
Please note that when filing the AIR, you can save your application and return to it later, if more time is needed. FSRA recommends using Internet Explorer 11/Chrome/Edge to complete the AIR.
- Make sure your information is up-to-date in FSRA Account. Note: All account updates must be submitted and approved by FSRA in advance of completing your 2020 AIR. You will not be permitted to proceed with the AIR until FSRA approves all applications to update your account information.
- Select “I want to…Submit the AIR/Pay the Annual Regulatory Fee”
- Review the 2020 AIR introduction and Principal Representative attestation
- Review/Update licence information
- Follow prompts to complete the AIR application
- Review your application and fee amount. Note: If your regulatory fee is $5,000 or more, please mail a cheque, money order or bank draft (with payment remittance attached) payable to “FSRA” or to the “Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario” to the following address:
Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario
25 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 100
Toronto, ON M2N 6S6
- For the 2020 AIR only, you can use electronic funds transfer on a temporary basis for regulatory fees of $5,000 or more. To see if this is right for you and for detailed instructions, please email [email protected].
- Complete the Principal Representative attestation and select “Submit”
- Select fee payment method to pay your fee (See notes above for payment methods of regulatory fees $5,000 or more)
- Select “View Receipt” once payment is complete and save your payment confirmation as proof of payment.
- On the Summary page, select “View application” to print or download a copy of your application
Once your application has been received, you will receive an email confirmation.